Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
That wide range of human expression is key. Students preparing to succeed in a world of differing viewpoints and lived experiences need a university that immerses them in the kind of environments they will encounter for the rest of their lives.
At 世界杯足球直播, diversity is more than simple demographic representation. It is paired with and activated by inclusion—creating a welcoming environment where all voices are heard, and all can make meaningful contributions.
Our Commitment in Action
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive community and creating more equitable outcomes require conscious effort. At 世界杯足球直播 this effort takes many forms, including:
- Professional development opportunities and resources for faculty that are focused on diversity and inclusion, such as those developed and supported by The Center for Teaching & Scholarly Excellence and the Race on Campus Faculty Professional Learning Community
- Ongoing assessment and updating of curricula to increase representation in course design and content, as well as equity in the classroom experience, which has led to:
- Business students learning how to make workplaces more equitable and welcoming to employees of all identities
- Government students learning how to engage diverse constituencies and craft public policy that benefits all
- Psychology students learning how to build resiliency in minority and immigrant communities facing racist speech and acts
- The offerings of the Center for Career Equity, Development & Inclusion which are designed to support students in negotiating a diverse and competitive global job market with confidence, awareness of social identities, and strong career-readiness competence
- The Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Initiative working to recognize, break, and transform racial hierarchical barriers through circle practices and narrative/storytelling and other knowledge-building and interactive opportunities
- Annual campus-wide events and activities celebrating the rich diversity and cultural heritage of our community such as First Generation College Student Week, Ram Inclusion Week, our Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration, and our 1913 Graduation Celebration
- The programming, training, and advocacy work of the Center for Student Diversity & Inclusion focused on fostering a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for all students